What services are offered?
- Research opportunities
- Faculty mentoring
- Professional conferences and workshops
- Doctoral studies preparation seminars
- Academic counseling
- Graduate program admissions assistance
- Financial aid, scholarship and fellowship application assistance
- GRE (Graduate Record Examination) preparation
If you are thinking about attending a graduate or professional school, undergraduate research training is a necessity. Having undergraduate research experience when applying to graduate school demonstrates you are interested in learning how to apply your knowledge to real-world problem solving. Research training will also give you the skills and knowledge essential for success in the workplace.
What are the benefits?
- Paid research internship under the guidance of faculty members
- Preparation for doctoral education
- Travel funds to attend professional conferences
- Participation in the McNair Scholars Program
- Participation in the annual McNair Scholar Symposium
- Admission fee waivers from participating institutions
- Strengthening of academic skills
- Contact with students in your field of interest