Thank you for your interest in applying to the UNLV McNair Scholars Institute. To be considered for the 2020 McNair Cohort (beginning in Spring 2020), please follow the instructions below:
STEP 1: DETERMINE ELIGIBILITY FOR MCNAIR
1. Complete the CAEO Participant Application and schedule a meeting with Matthew Della Sala (firstname.lastname@example.org) to determine eligibility for the program.
- Complete the application using a black or blue ink pen
- Ensure that the application has the appropriate signatures
- On page 3 (Participant Application Pt. 2), make sure to check the box "TRIO McNair" under STEP 4
IF ELIGIBLE FOR MCNAIR:
- If you are eligible for the program, complete the a) McNair Needs Form, b) McNair Supplemental Application, and c) the additional materials described in the supplemental application (please use the following McNair Recommendation Form.
- Submit all completed application materials by 5:00pm on November 12, 2019 to Matthew Della Sala
STEP 2: REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS AND APPLICANT INTERVIEWS
- After submission of completed applications, documents are reviewed by a committee.
- Applicant interviews with McNair staff occur in late-November and early-December.
- Applicants are informed of their admissions decision in December, before the beginning of the Spring 2020 semester.